Sunday, April 29, 2012

To “I Wish I Didn’t Have Aspergers”: An #AutismPositivity2012 Flash Blog Event








Dear "I wish I didn't have Aspergers",



 I'm sorry that people have treated you badly, or inferior, or aggressively, because they thought you were "different" and told you so. I'm sorry that you have been ignored, mistreated, misunderstood, and taken advantage of. I'm sorry that the people who you wanted to feel close to, rejected you, made fun of you, and belittled you because of who you are.

but...Please dont blame yourself for the negative actions of others. It's not your fault. It's not your "Label". Its the fault of other people who could not be bothered to take the time to get to know what an Amazingly AWESOME person you really are. And you are Awesome. because just by hitting the internet and typing out a term in a search bar like "I wish I didint have Aspergers" shows a desire to connect, to be understood, to understand yourself, and to find a community that understands you.

Bravo! that takes alot of courage!

And we are here, EVERYWHERE, not just the ASD/Aspie community, but the LGBT, the GEEK, the NERD, the DORK, the Cosplayers, the Furries, the Fairys, the pagans, the christians, the blacks, the whites, and even the so called "normals"  Everyone is just trying to find a place where they "fit". Everyone is looking for that same connection, because at one time in our lives, we have all be belittled, rejected, ignored, and made fun of for who we are, and what we believe.

YAY internet! Finally a place where everyone can go. to find a place to "fit" within a community.

and don't get me wrong, finding local folks who are supportive of you is important, but dont ignore the support that you already have because it's not the type of support that you want.

 YOU ARE NOT ALONE. YOU NEVER WERE. THERE ARE MILLIONS OF PEOPLE OUT THERE WHO ARE NOT JERKS, WHO ARE CAPABLE OF UNCONDITIONAL LOVE, AND WHO WILL LOVE YOU AND ACCEPT YOU FOR WHO YOU ARE, NOT WHAT YOU ARE "CALLED". YOUR BRAIN IS BEAUTIFUL, YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL, AND THERE ARE MILLIONS OF PEOPLE OUT THERE WHO ARE WAITING TO SEE WHAT YOU CAN DO....

and the best part is..all you have to do. Is be your self.


There are lots of crappy people out there who will only be able to focus on what they perceive you "cant" do. But there are even more out there who will see you for what you "can" do, and who you "are" instead of what you "will be".

You are Amazing right now. You are Awesome right now. You are full of love and light and character, and ideas, and talents. Right Now! don't give up because someone told you "your not good enough/smart-enough/pretty-enough/well-spoken-enough/ YOU ARE ENOUGH, YOU ARE AWESOME RIGHT NOW.

but if you cant see that, If you have to look at yourself through the eyes of "others" Look here, Look at the Awesome community who loves and supports you...Right now

and All you did was type "I wish I didint have Aspergers" in a google search.


see, I told you that you were amazing...




2 comments:

  1. I'm so stunned and thrilled at the response to this flash blog idea.

    The Autism community is amazing and so is "I wish I didn't have Aspergers".

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I think of that statement I think about the times when I, myself, thought it. My mind skips back years in time where my own journey wasn't always easy. Those times, are hard to think of now. I still have those times now where I think, just for a moment, that I wish I didn't have Asperger's.
    _________________
    Aspergers/
     

    ReplyDelete