Sunday, July 8, 2012

Dear haters

I accept your existence. I give you permission to think what you like, judge what you see, and behave accordingly. I do not however have to respond to your negativity in any way, nor do I have to conform to your imaginary standards. I do not need your approval, and although I would like it,
I know that it is foolish to try and Force it. I will not be making excuses.
I will share my viewpoints openly, honestly, and as politely as I can
 however, how you choose to interpret my words is not my problem.
 It is not my responsibility to act/talk/write/ or behave in a certain manor to make you feel more comfortable.
(although I will try)

I forgive you for your judgment. I let go of the hurt, and try to connect with the understanding that I was once like you. Jaded, sad, angry and scared, and I have many days where I still feel that way.

I feel bad that you do not feel like you can let go of your pain. I would love to help.
I would love to talk to you if you would give me a chance.

your pain does not make you who you are..
Insulting others does not make you feel better about yourself.
I hope that this is just a stumbling block on the road to becoming a happier and friendlier person.
I wish I could show you the beauty I see, the sadness, the openness, the connected of all things.

we are the same you and I. Behind the judgement, behind the criticism, we are passionate caring people. Its my hope that in writing this, I always remember before I criticize, judge, or condemn you for your opinions and actions, that I was like you.
I thought the world was all competition, and that all that tree-hugging-hippie-spirit-crap was all nonsense to sell books to granola eating hipsters.

I onced believed that there was nothing more important in life then "being successful" "making it" and chasing your dreams.

I still believe this, although my definitions have changed over the years.

I still like music, movies, good friends, coffee, sunshine.

I still grumble sometimes when It rains, or when someone forgets to call.

the only real difference is, now when it rains. I enjoy it. when the phone call doesn't come, I read, or go for a walk, or do the dishes.

I've learned to fill the spaces with something more satisfying then complaining.

I hope that one day you will too, not because I'm being pretentious, but because I honestly wish that everyone in the world would just allow themselves these incredible little moments of Joy.

Let yourself play. Play with your kids, If you don't have kids, go play with someone else's kids. take the dog for a walk, listen to your favorite music, and dance silly.

because it makes you happy. Do whatever it is makes you the happiest.

And the next time you feel that need to criticize, to judge, to condemn, someone else
take a deep breath..and think of something that makes you happy, and do that instead.

I promise, you will achieve much better satisfaction , then trying to "prove a point" over the internet.

:) <3 (and all that hippie crap)

No comments:

Post a Comment